Definition of personal information
Problems, Complaints or Queries
Or, for individuals in the European Union, please contact our European Union Representative at:
On what basis do we process your data?
Lawful basis of processing
8. For individuals in the European Union, Madihome relies on the lawful bases described below the purposes of the GDPR:
a. For customers of Madihome, Madihome relies on the GDPR lawful bases of contract and legitimate interest. That is, Madihome will process your data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual obligations with you, or because Madihome has a legitimate commercial interest in processing the personal information that is not outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms. Specifically, this interest includes providing the Madihome Application to customers on a commercial basis.
b. Madihome may also request your explicit consent to process your personal data from time to time. Madihome also reserves the right to use, disclose or otherwise process any personal information to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request or in relation to Madihome’s other legitimate interests (such as where relevant to legal action relating to Madihome).
When and how do we collect personal information?
9. We, or our subcontractors or agents, collect (and combine) personal information in a number of ways, which include:
a. where personal information is actively provided to us, including but not limited to:
i. where you provide us with personal information, such as through email, our website, upon downloading a mobile app provided by us, using a form or application, or other communication channel, and whether as a customer, prospective customer or any other role;
ii. where you provide personal information to us when you sign up from a Madihome account;
iii. where personal information about you is provided to Madihome;
b. from customers or their clients, or other legitimate third party sources including list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
What kinds of personal information does Madihome collect?
10. We, or our subcontractors or agents, may collect personal information including:
a. your full name, contact details (such as your phone numbers, email address, workplace address details and contact preferences), location, and passwords you create for Madihome;
b. information about your preferences, interests, opinions, feedback and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
c. financial details, if you have provided them to us, such as your bank account, credit card, Paypal or other online payment system details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
d. When you visit the Madihome website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
ii. device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
ii. other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a website.
e. the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to Madihome and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
11. We do not seek to collect sensitive information (or “special categories” of information under the GDPR).
If we do collect sensitive information, we will only do so with your consent and where you provide it to us directly.
Consequences of not providing personal information
13. Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by Madihome is mandatory and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for Madihome to provide you with services. In cases where Madihome specifically states that some data is not mandatory, you are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the products or services provided by Madihome.
14. Failure to provide personal information may result in Madihome being unable to provide you with the Madihome products or services or other content, information, upcoming opportunity, promotion, or event.
For what purposes does Madihome collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
15. Personal information that Madihome collects will be used for the following primary purposes:
a. to fulfil obligations in respect of any contract between you and Madihome; to render services related to our company and customers (such as after sales services and enquiries); to facilitate payments from you;
b. if you are a customer or business we trade with, to carry on our trading relationship with you including identifying and contacting you, invoicing your correctly, assessing the risks of providing credit to you or your business, and securing and recovering any debts owed to us.
c. to provide you with information about your Madihome account, customer account, transactions, content, services and products;
d. to provide direct marketing materials, special offers, events, and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, social media, or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
e. to contact you, including sending you any technical, administrative or legal notices relevant to the Madihome products or services or website;
f. to maintain the functionality of the Madihome website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the website; to improve the website and system administration;
g. to provide you with relevant advertising;
h. to maintain our relationship with you;
i. to provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages;
j. to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development;
k. to record statistical data for marketing analysis;
l. to conduct market research;
m. To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
o. for any further purposes stated in a particular collection channel;
p. where explicitly notified to you, to undertake recruitment for Madihome;
q. to manage your employment with Madihome (if applicable).
r. any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Madihome in the circumstances;
as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the rights or property of Madihome, any member of the
s. Madihome group, or any member of the public, to protect the integrity of the Madihome website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
16. Madihome does not make decisions that produce significant effects on you which are solely based on automated decision making.
How do we share your personal information?
17. Solely for the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with:
a. Madihome group companies;
b. our marketing and email sending partners; and
c. other third party technical service providers, such as mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies and communications agencies, including their directors, servants and agents and related bodies corporate.
18. These recipients may be engaged by Madihome to perform a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, data storage, support services, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your purchase. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party other than Madihome or our relevant service provider. If you are a business we trade with, we may disclose your information to debt recovery agents or credit reporting bodies if necessary.
19. Some of the recipients of your personal information may be located overseas. Madihome employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Madihome. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Madihome will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information except to the extent required by the relevant privacy laws.
20. The recipients of your personal information may be located in Italy.
21. For individuals in the EU, please note that the recipients of your personal information may be located in countries in which the privacy or data protection laws differ from those of the European Union, and which are not the subject of an adequacy decision by the European Commission.
How do we hold, and how long do we hold your personal information?
22. Madihome takes appropriate security measures to keep personal information secure, prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction of personal information. Madihome, its employees and its subcontractors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Madihome.
Your privacy rights
24. You have a number of rights under the privacy laws. These include:
a.(access) to request access to your personal information from us, in a commonly used electronic format, On a case by case basis, Madihome may determine that it is not legally required to give an individual access to personal information, in which case Madihome will provide you with a written notice of its refusal to provide access;
b. (correction) to request that we correct your personal information;
c. (withdrawing consent) to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information;
d. (transparency) to be informed generally about the collection and use of your personal data, including where we intend to further process your personal data for additional purposes other than as discussed above; and
25. If you are an individual in the EU, you have additional rights under the GDPR that you can exercise against the “controller” of your data. Where we are the controller of your data, your rights include:
a. (access) to request that we transfer your personal information to another service provider of your choosing;
b. (erasure) to request that we erase your personal data. All reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a website or the Madihome Application, and purchase transactions undertaken on a website);
c. (objection and restriction) in some circumstances, to object to the use of your personal data by us and request that we restrict our use of your personal information; and
d. (complaint) to lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority under the GDPR.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
27. Where practicable, Madihome will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our collection channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the personal information identified above. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Sale of the company
29. The collection of personal information is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of sixteen (16) years old. Personal information will not be knowingly collected about any person who is known by Madihome to be under the age of sixteen (16) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
30. As with many commercial websites and mobile and tablet applications, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a website. By accessing a website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a website generally including when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
32. Our websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described above, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to website visitors and users, customise a website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a website or a third party website, and otherwise administer and improve a website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
Madihome and other websites
33. Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Madihome is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our websites.
34. We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Madihome or any of its affiliates. Madihome is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Privacy Collection Statement